Technology is quickly expanding. The evolution – and ubiquity – of smartphones and tablets is changing where and how you can accept payments. Every week, there seems to be a new technological advance. How, as a business owner, do you decide what’s right for you?
In this issue of The Merchant Advisor, we address several topics that speak to these emerging trends. As your payments partner, I’d also like to highlight a few of the investments WorldPay has made to help you navigate the ever-changing payments landscape so you can stay focused on what matters most – growing your business:
- Mobile Payments. We know there are many options available to you, but are you missing out on safer – and possibly more affordable – options?
- WorldPay Mobile makes it easy for you to accept card payments anywhere business takes you. Download the WorldPay Mobile application from the Apple– App Store™ or Google Play Store™, plug the free card reader into your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet’s audio jack and you can accept payments anywhere you have a data or Wi-Fi connection.
- VT Payments allows you to establish a back-up terminal quickly – and securely – when you need it by keying credit card transactions into a secure web page via WorldPay’s Merchant Portal. It’s a great option if something happens to your POS terminal and because it’s accessible via a web browser, it’s an affordable way to take payments while you are away from your store.
- Gift Cards. The holiday season is just about here and shoppers will soon begin to plan for gift giving. Offering your customers gift cards is a great way to incent repeat business with existing customers, help attract new customers and increase brand loyalty and recognition for your business. Now is the time to place your WorldPay Gift Card Program order and plan your gift card display to ensure you are prepared for the peak holiday season and beyond.
- Price Changes. If you’ve been in business for more than a year, you know that processing rates typically change in April and October, when the payment networks (Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and PayPal™) raise their rates. To help lessen the impact of rate increases on our customers, we have created a Guaranteed Pricing Program that allows qualified customers to lock in their WorldPay processing rates for three years. Additional terms and conditions apply.*
- Merchant Cash Advance. While the economy has been improving, we realize that cash flow is still an issue for many small business owners. At WorldPay, we’ve teamed with AdvanceMe, a leader in merchant cash advance, to provide our qualified customers fast access to cash – up to $150,000 per location in as little as five business days – with no personal collateral. Repayment is automatically completed via a daily deduction of a percentage of your daily card sales. And, if business is closed for the day and no sales are made, nothing is deducted towards AdvanceMe repayment.
WorldPay will continue to develop and offer you products and solutions to help your business evolve and adapt to the future of payments technology. Learn more about how we can help your businesses grow by contacting our Customer Care team at 800.859.5965, Option 3 On behalf of all of us at WorldPay, thank you for being a great customer. We are always interested in hearing from you, so please feel free to reach out to us at MerchantAdvisor@WorldPay.us.
Tony Catalfano, President and CEO
WorldPay US, Inc.
*Requires execution of addendum with new 3-year term. Subject to credit review and approval. Offer available only to merchants who have processed less than $5,000,000 of credit and debit card transactions in the previous 12 calendar month period. Offer applies only to WorldPay processing rates for Visa–, MasterCard–, Discover– and PayPal™ credit and signature debit, along with certain other specified fees. Other fees apply and are subject to change. If you receive cost plus pricing, payment network fees are not included in the offer and are subject to change by the applicable network. Additional details, terms and conditions, including early termination fees, are set forth in the related addendum.
In This Issue
- A Note From Tony Catalfano
- Featured Article
- Quick Tips
- Product Spotlight
- Success Story
- Small Business Saturday
- Industry Updates